Saturday 5 January 2019

Happy New Year!

The resolutions have begun, get the website up to date and get the book out by the summer, aka September!

From the early beginnings in the Autumn of 1982 through to the later issues and the mad year that 1983 was.

Tied to a tree as Thatcher got re-elected it was certainly discombobulating.

Nowadays I'd say it really fucked wi ma scone, but back then I was still a student trying to learn how to spell and broaden my vocabulary.


Whatever, this year I'm going to go properly retro and dig out these tapes and find the masters that I thought I'd found before.

Turns out I never really put the same records back in the same sleeves and was equally poor when it came to putting the tapes back in boxes.

I've still got the coffee and Guinness stained covers drawn magnificently by Hilary.

I think this one was probably 3 years ahead of the Stone Roses but would've worked brilliantly for them!



33 issues with over 600 pages of nonsense and even more 1980's gig adverts.

Quiz lovers will want to check out Keith's superb lyrics sections, oh and the retro X-words.


A great way to hold up a shelf, a wobbly table or just to reach those elusive spices on the top shelf of a kitchen cupboard.

The Deadbeat 2019 annual could just be the perfect Christmas present.


The late great John Peel saying Deadbeat from Scotland, the country that supplies the Liverpool Football Club with all its great players.

As Andy Robertson leads the Scottish return  to Liverpool surely Scotland's recovery is only a fw decades behind.







No comments:

Post a Comment