Saturday 13 March 2021

Bella

I meant old napper Tandy yesterday while I was out walking and he took me by the hand to what I can only describe as a banksy.

It was like a banksy meats Guernica.

The scene was Bella Houston Park in Glasgow and it had been painted red white and blue with all the ranger supporters who had turned out to celebrate their clubs victory in the league.

It was a fantastic piece of lockdown socially distant art. The fans Had clearly sought to paint the park blue.

In the corner of the painting stands the famous george square statue with the cone on it. It is also painted green on one side and blue on the other side. In the painting we see mostly the blue side And of course the wondrous cone which stands above all to demonstrate the comedy genius of this Great divide.

I stood at this painting for hours as its social history reached into my core.

I love a good painting.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete