Friday 23 December 2022

Deadbeat Christmas Compilation #1

I was doing the countdown to Christmas in my head and lo behold! There is a star....and in the case of Deadbeat 16 of them.... The CD produced by Gordon Tucker as he cleaned up the DB masters in all their Dolby + nonsense is superb and this first CD will be available with the book and CD 2 of the Greatest hits in the summer. Get in touch if you want a copy. Talk of the book and a gig to cement your place in history is like my memory, fleeting. I will try to get in touch with some of the icons and try to repeat the iconic events at a venue in September next year.....judging by my past performance I'll need a lot of encouragement but I thought I could organise a golf day as everyone must be playing by now.....at the iconic Arthurs seat golf club, aka Prestonfield. Its a great track and handy for the train station for you out of town travellers......and if you dont play golf, there's always a drinks buggy to operate.... So back to the CD.....sometimes I name the song first and other times its clear I haven't. I never had a career in journalism as I am shit at writing but I do enjoy it almost as much as listening to the music! My favourite song has been saved for the second CD but regular readers know what that is. Track 1 dancing bears - Lost in my mind Track 2 - The very thing - conventionality Track 3. Metropolis - burlesque Track 4. I heard Catherine sing - autumn 1904 Shirley sang with them and only she'll know if it's her voice on this Track 5 - standing still - the floor I was lucky enough to interview Thomas and David as Slaughterhouse 5, RIP David. Track 6. Miles and miles - the relations Muggins died recently and wasnt part of the band but was part of my Perthshire experience so RIP Track 7 Trust - Track 8 - pulsebeat plus happy children sinking ships Track 9 - About you - life support Track 10 - bone of contention - strawberry tarts Track 11 - poltergeist - twisted nerve Track 12 - who do you love - strawberry tarts Track 13- way of the west - Napalm stars Track 14 - run out of time - the invitation Track 15 - influence of love - sunset gun Track 16 - loose on you - circus of hell

No comments:

Post a Comment