Wednesday 29 April 2020

On your Own - Life support

1985 recording - with thanks to Gordon Tucker - just failing to upload!!

Yep - shit for brains here, I'll do them as videos instead, May 21 is the target date, yes, May 2021....here's the first one, inspired by watching Normal People the other day


I was very impressed with Normal People, took me back to the 1980's, the band being a student. I think I was more Marianne when I arrived at Uni, but quickly identified with the fella, until he started passing exams....anyway Mark wrote the song and he was always trying to get Nikki on his own! Today Mark with the kids grown up and the grand children arriving, you've finally got her on your own!


Virus-free. www.avg.com

1 comment:

  1. I always liked green rizla blues, the lyrics like on your own were always interesting, "I went to the tobacconist, couldn't get there cause I was pissed, I've got the green rizla blues....." Like "watch you grow", some good lines there too "back in this town the people they just sit around and around they're waiting for someone to buy them a drink or give them a fag maybe some blo' or maybe a bag"

    ReplyDelete