Wednesday 13 May 2020

care home cull part 3

I was gutted to see my concerns from 3 weeks ago starting to come to fruition as care homes close and staff and remaining residents get bumped as occupancy plummets.

I fear this sector will continue to get little support as the government looks at them as key workers not needing financial supports, despite the fact most of them are paying through the nose for PPE as they try their best to look after their staff and residents.

The residents have a broad mix of reasons for going into care, like the staff the residents shouldn't be abandoned.

Quite simply its just not fair and any pressure we can bring to help the sector, whether its offering help at your local care home or hitting your local politicians we should try.

I thought by Christmas the sector would be decimated and I'm now thinking this is going to happen so much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment