Friday 22 May 2020

lockdown #88

I've been watching so much retro TV I was starting to wonder if Deadbeat was written in the 80's.

Aids has been completely written out of the folklore and its really fucked me off.

I just dont understand how such an earth shattering pandemic can be conveniently written out of the  popular history books.

Ok, I get that it wasn't popular in a happy way, but it was moving up the charts in the national statistics reasons for death.

It was popular in the number of cases being presented to our NHS staff who were powerless to deal with the pandemic as there was no hint of a lockdown or care for those exposed back then.

I remember signing off "Take Care Vinny", as I finished writing my usual shite.....

Out of the blue, I'm watching BBC4 and a programme starting about 1986 comes on and hello, it suddenly reminds me it did happen. Its mostly the rave scene but it does strike a chord.

Marches about clause 28, and everything I remember about the 80's seems to have happened, even if the results were more short lived than we felt they were.

Frankie did go to Hollywood, the Tube was an entertaining groundbreaking show or at least I think they did as the show seems to have moved onto the 90's and take that.

The presenter looks like they're 45, so I'm a few years adrift, our overlap was 15 minutes ago, but its Prodigy 1993, they're all giving it licks......and the strobe is setting off a migraine, ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment