Friday 3 July 2020

Bone of Contention - Strawberry Tarts - lockdown #8 on the bike

With pounding drums setting the rhythm, the legs are off and suddenly you're doing 30km p/h and singing away. Just over three minutes fly by and if its your first song then the bike is rocking from side to side and a groin strain is merely another couple of pedals away.

I love this song 36 years after Jeremy and the boys first track on the first Deadbeat Tape broke seal on 3 hours of great local music.

There's a rockabilly feel to it which probably dates it a wee bit, but the sound is fresh as ever and I've played it over 1000 times now as I listen to it at least once a week and since I got this bike its been on at least once a day!

I first heard it in 1983 at one of their shows. I think it may have been the one when we went to a primary school in the middle of nowhere for a showcase gig with Moroccan CoCo. It was brilliant back then and the band, all feather boas and glammed to distraction.

Great memories and still a great sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment