Friday 10 July 2020

On this day, one week of July through time

Yes Dear diary, on this day in 1973 I was swimming. We were living just outside Washington DC on Esworthy Road near Darnestown.

I had a penpal from primary school, Adam Kopystynski, and it was clearly his birthday as I posted his present. As well as a squirt gun fight, water pistols to you and I.

1 year later in 1974 on July the 11th I go up I didn't do much Mom took us to the Cash & Carry I got a box of tutti frutti's in a box of Lee's macaroon bars I had a toothache after which  prayed.

four years later the 1978 with the world cup behind us I played around before and after work Good morning round of 18 was followed by an 81 with Graham Mavor.

My golf's not improved by 1979 As I scored another 80 but what does amuse me is apparently I custom swore about what could have been a morning we bastard back then Derek timmons won the medal with the 75

In 1980 we were in Blackpool and it was our last full day We had fun on the shows and then markets shopping for presents haha not me I did buy sticks of rock went to Tiffany's again yeah we were at Tiffany's quite a lot what else is a 17-year-old to do in Blackpool.

July the 12th we went to Seattle's party she got lots of presents John and I went swimming We had lots of fun Sarah must have been about 5 or 6 because she was a friend of my sisters who was 5 That's 1973 for you we're all a lot older now.

well I like about July the 12th is in 1978 my dad proved just how generous he was when he took us to New Battle Golf club it cost £2 each to play so we didn't went to Pollock Halls in the evening and had a laugh putting a box on a window ledge so it fell off when the window was opened now there's a prank The first day of the open championship and Tom weiskopf round in 69 He's my favorite to win He was 3 under The par at theSt Andrews is 72.

In 1979 I got off early and had a bath before rushing to work I got my dispatch pay £4.20 and I get £35 tomorrow from printing went jogging at night phone 6 golf balls for really good ones. I was really lucky to have this job it wasn't a lot of people who were 16 getting paid 35 lb for a summer job

In 1980 all the talk was about returning from Blackpool, 

got train home after going to shows it was tiring watched late films very tired.

July the 13th it was unlucky for some but it wasn't for me in 1973 as we went swimming at the Sweeney's the water was really high we had a really lot of fun swim was too much we went to toys R us I bought a movie projector it was good I was going to get the talking new master but it was just a bit too expensive. The thing about American toys it was such a disposable culture you can get really good things very cheaply. My eldest brother Tom had about seven tape machines I'm not sure how many made it home but there were real to reels all over the place you'd think Nixon had been.

1974 and we're not long home from America I got up I watch TV Mike Lucy Nicola and Uncle Frank went to the Commonwealth pool I went to the shops and got some red cooler Tommy and Gordon went golfing Mum said she'd order the dandy for me I watched the final round of the open championship Gary player one booster house was tied second. Sounds like I had a blast that day and I didn't really make up for it in 1978

played badly at golf Don't know why I'm not playing well went to work and got studs for golf shoes at Lily weights got £6.65 paid taxi to GPU found my keys that I lost on Sunday well that sounds good And on to 1979

Got 63 lbs pay during the 2 weeks 13 8 played golf badly in the evening in preparation for gollan I got a game of golf without a market in the evening at a 78 I went to cathedral Mass. I'm not sure God was a golfer but he did help me hole putts.

No comments:

Post a Comment