Sunday 25 October 2020

Autumn 1904 - video link - I Heard Catherine Sing

 https://youtu.be/e5C_T5KXb-s is the link to listen to "I Heard Catherine Sing" and watch Billy's mullet. 

The ban had been formed with members having cut their teeth in three or four other Edinburgh bands as was the way. Many bands saw members drift in and out on musical, theatrical or financial ambition, some just wanted to pursue their own art. Many of the bands in the early 80's came from art schools and their creativity saw them return to their first love.

Live, Autumn 1904 produced a great sound and they were in a real hurry which was what the dance floor needed. The 7 piece were quite simply a superb show.

Later in 1985 a new band  merged with some of First Priority to form the Crows.

3 comments:

  1. I remember being interviewed on Deadbeat when I was the singer of Burlesque. I'm sure were in the Southern Bar at the time. We were also featured on one of the Deadbeat tapes, which I still have somewhere. Great wee fanzine

    ReplyDelete