Saturday 10 December 2022

Callum Easter - Fans at work - Thank you

How good is it just to listen to the fans.

They fucking love this gig.

Lust for life is a song that has a punchy groove and a low groove. I heard that here, in a beautiful song that was loud fast but you could split it. Half time, melt it like Dali.

Mesmerising.

I was moving, I was moved.

Then I actually heard lust for life...3 songs later....the beat, the bass, then it went again...music morphing..... Another song another piece of invention and even a beautiful nod to Bob Marley.

Hold me when the feelings gone. It's always rock n roll when the crowd are singing it for you. Think Freddie at Wembley. It's not a lazy gig it's one you've worked so hard for. It's a lifetime of work that has fans singing your songs when they hear the first beat. The fiddle in young at heart, the e chord in safe european home, need I go on.... It's a love that smacks performers and the crowd in equal measure. It's a mutual love, a shared existence, experience and at  it's best explosive. 

This was quite simply at its best.

As Mr Kipling would not say, exceedingly explosive....like a scotch bonnet....like old Mountbatten's boat....like for fucks sake a petrol storage tank in one of those WWII movies......like me when I'm on the Camino, eating alubias and sleeping in a dorm of 40 Pellegrinos who had the same menu.

You wake up in the morning and there's 40 duvets on the ceiling, a bit like tonight as we peeled all the guys off the queen's hall roof. The gig was electric and the fans and the band were at a wonderful one, aka W1.

Crowd happy, performers happy and the world is happy. My world is happy. This is an ever giving world and I hadn't heard Callum and his band before. I can only use my 60th birthday bash for so long. I did have 59 years before that but I'm a sucker for the velvet underground, fire engines, strawberry tarts and of course every other band my wee ears and head exploded over 

Yes explosive night. 

Sorry Russell, sorry Davie but candyskin has gone,  we have a new Scottish all time classic......sisters....!

Merry Christmas 

PS - my eyes are my soul and my ears are my memories.......on behalf of the rest of me THANK YOU for the whole evening from accoustic, support and band, it was exceptional.....

No comments:

Post a Comment