Sunday 13 November 2016

December 1982 - Deadbeat issue #7

Reading this brought back so many memories. We knew that one was f the joys of deadbeat was to put the gigs on that everyone could go to free as well as the paying gigs. I was a huge fan of Brian at the Tayside bar and i loved the venue. He sold as many deadbeats as Groucho usually 50-100 and kept the 10p pieces in a glass jar. He took nothing for selling the copies such was his appreciation of our efforts. I rewarded him by buying pints with all the 10p's until they were done. Not so much money laundering just liquidising. Oh how we laughed. I describe the gig of pulse beat pluse- an error I remember making and then realising I had no snowpake. That's a brand of f white paint typists used back in the day. As usual I just thought - shit happens - and carried on. Berlin Walls come to mind too! Nick Cave was like us unaware the wall was tumbling- when it did I wasn't too surprised - they put it up far too quick for it to last more than 30 years! Like those flats in Gilmerton!

No comments:

Post a Comment