Wednesday 30 November 2016

Cafe Domenico - Sandport street - Leith *****

There's a huge community down Leith and I know this because I went to school there. It changed drastically 20 years ago and is now one of the great places like Stockbridge that is a destination part of Edinburgh.

Cafe Domenico, quietly situated is that quientessential small Italian restaurant. From the moment the primotivo hits your lips and your tucking into a small plate of Chorizo and Black pudding stew you could be anywhere in the Mediterranean, warming yourself by the sea, on St Andrews day.

I'd ordered the special, chicken stuffed with ndgua (I think) a very spicy version of Chicken Balmoral, I'd call it ~Chicken Sistine chapel myself, or Chicken Leaning (tower of Pisa....) it certainly leads to the spicy ends of things and made me think how good chicken tastes when its stuff.

As well as being stuffed it was also coated in parmesan and the chef had smashed it out of the park.

No room for the tasty looking sweets so coffee then off to work creatively - ah... Primotivo!


No comments:

Post a Comment