Sunday 18 August 2019

You did a brexit eh?

As sales of freezers go through the roof this summer I was queuing to get into one of my favourite late night spots last night when I got chatting to my fellow queue member.

He'd been in the club but had left at 11.30pm to find somewhere better, only to return an hour later and £35 poorer having realised this was quite a good club after all. I told him my Brexit pontoon gag and asked who twists on 18, following it up with who brings a knife to a gun fight.

My queue member was from Texas and he was advising me that there is nowhere near the level of knife crime in the states that we seem to experience here. I explained police officers in the states kill more civilians than knives do in the UK, that the victims of these random crimes are where our concern should lie, but to be fair its late and its probably better to save this conversation for another day.

That's when I remembered how well freezers were selling. It seemed the perfect time to talk about how Iceland's business model was proving very robust as we tumble towards October. He said that the President was going to buy Greenland, to which I replied Iceland would give him a good foothold in Europe.

At that moment I got into the venue and smiled a fond farewell, ah the Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment