Sunday 7 June 2020

lockdown #23 plants do have memories even if humans dont

Plants have great learning mechanisms and have survived longer than humans so no great surprise to find their memories are good despite the lack of social media. What might be a surprise to many is how many university professors are investigating memory, problem solving and learning capability in plants. They're not to dissimilar to us after all but they dont like classical music and have rejected GDP as a measure of their species success.

I talk away to my plants and try to guide my weeds away from them. The weeds are ust plants people dont like, largely because they know a free lunch when they see them every bit as much as a slug. The bind weed that grows around my onions sucking the life out of them benefits greatly from its choice but my onion is rarely happy. I'm on the side of the onion, but only so I can eat it later, if only it knew! I put plastic fencing out for the bind weed to grow up but it usually goes off piste as it gets little nutrients from the plastic, a bit like the fish in the oceans, plastic isn't good for the digestive system either.

We train tomatoes to go up the way whereas they would much prefer to grow along the way. They spread their fruit onto the ground and when it's burnt dry the seed starts over.

Working with nature we harvest the fruit from the tomato plant but tomato seeds are very clever. Humans cant digest them so they come back out into world in a different location carried in the droppings of birds, foxes or humans.

Which leads me to an interesting point relating to honey. I always think of honey as a by product of a bee and therefore like a fox shitting a tomato seed and a tomato plant producing a tomato, these by products were at one with nature, but that's for another day, today I'm standing up for vegetables and plants generally.

There's a harmony in my head......which says we need to train things or we learn to live with the less desirable consequences. I couldn't help thinking the racism that results in the murder of black citizens at the hand of the weeds in the police force. Weeds are everywhere and its in their nature to destroy. The only solution is to retrain them, but perhaps like priests around the world they cant be retrained. In the allotment people sometimes use chemicals to control their weeds while others selectively pull them out. Both are techniques to improve the situation. I talk to the bind weed and explain that my onions matter to me. I say bad bind weed, and then on other days, I just think you're never going to learn, fuck you, I've had enough. We all live in harmony then you come along with you colonial views and your white male trash values and think at long last someone I can bully and get away with it, someone I can kill and get a few pats on the back from the guys back at control. I really feel for the good police officers across the country that dont need to go to a correction institution. I think of the 94% of priests that weren't paedophile, then I just lose it because not only was there 6% that were they were actively sent by another 6% management to be exonerated and do it again.

I dont know what's worse, the initial crimes or the fact that the hierarchy in our institutions seem to go into 'protect and survive' mode. We dont want to undermine the police force or the priests so we will not prosecute guilty parties. We will stand behind them and help them through these troubled times. Sickening, but I'm back to the harmony in my head as I yank another chunk of bind weed out and slip it effortlessly onto the bonfire.

The victims might not be best placed to suggest the corrective surgery required to improve behaviour but indoctrinated individuals should be asked to bring a racist pal along and they can recite for 7 hours a day. Black is beautiful. Black lives matter. All life matters. Black people are brilliant in all walks of society. They then have to memorise 10,000 names and the professions of people in all walks of life. From a painter or a poet, a sportstar or a spaceman. After this indoctrination they will then be asked to recruit another 4 people for the programme to get out. It worked for Epstein and society's always being told it needs to learn from business.

Now, next lockdown thought is Brussels Sprouts and Lettuces, aka, Buy to Let mortgages and why they are confirmation that our society has learnt little from 2008 banking collapse.....

No comments:

Post a Comment